Wednesday 12 August 2015

The 2015/16 Hobby Season starts soon, join me!

The 2015/16 hobby season will be starting soon so for those alumni who joined in last year it might be cool to look back at your lists at what you've achieved , what might have slipped and those lovely unexpected successes that happened despite life getiing in the way and loss of mojo - I speak from experience.


I think from my perspective things started out OK but progress becamse more difficult towards the middle part of the year I didn't even manage to achieve half of my planned goals but that's not a bad thing as I did quite a few other things that I'll cover in a review of my 2014/15 hobby season coming soon. Then, on the 28th August I'll be revising my new plan for the forthcoming season and see what lies ahead of me.
In the mean time I created a new set of Big Green Stamps of Approval, this time I did them as transparent gifs so hopefully they'll look better on whatever blog background you use, However I probably should have done them as .png because I'm not a huge fan of the bitmap edges. Anyway, there's four of them, my onw 'branded' version, a non-branded one and a major and minor project stamp if you're that way inclined to record your achevements. Personally I'm just happy to get something done. I hope you all take part again and hopefully we get a few new participants, they'll all be on my community tab when the dust settles

10 comments:

  1. I'd be interested in this. Is it just a painting/modelling list or are there other things like getting games in, etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think gaming goals are a pretty cool idea :-) I am definitely ready for another season of hobby shenanigans, this year has been pretty slow (but awesome).

      Delete
    2. I think I will join you fine fellows in this, just to further help push me along!

      Delete
    3. You make of it what you will, there's no pressure whatever you decide. It all came about as an arbitrary To Do List that I set myself and noticed I was reviewing and amending it each year. Last year was the first time I suggested folk could tag along for the journey. Initially I think it really worked, folk got behind each others exploits and it was cool to see the Red Stamp of Approval appearing when people got something done.

      However, I think we all got a little fatigued as time went on, I lost my mojo a little bit which with hindsight the Hobby Season Alumni is perfect for stimulating progress. When you see that Red Stamp appear you become that little bit more motivated to get something of your own done. It didn't quite work out that way but it's the first time people were giving it a go so perhaps year 2 may be more successfu.

      Delete
  2. These are once again Awesome, Dave. I was just going over my list from last season to get ready for a review on my blog. Thanks for the new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems I'm looking at my review myself, in my head I imagine it wasn't as much as I'd hoped but I think it's actually more than I expected. We'll see when the dust settles, I look forward to seeing how everyone else got on and the showcase of their efforts.

      Delete
  3. If I remember right I only had 3 goals last year.

    1 Start playing a new game, this I did I started playing Pulp Alley.

    2 Finish painting my SoB's up to a certain points, this I didn't do & sold them instead.

    3 Paint what I was calling my anphelion base, this I only did part of.

    So 1 out of 3 disappointing, so for new term must try harder LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you sold them you made your list into 2 goals, you achieved one and part achieved another that's 75%, which would be an A* GCSE I believe! Go to the head of the class!

      Delete
  4. Hi Dave, think it's about time I joined in on this. With fewer tournament visits I need some structured motivation for me to actually finish things rather than part finishing multiple projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there's no guarantees, I will not be held liable for further part finished projects :) but I find it useful to have a set of long term goals, it's guilt tripped me into painting my Dark Angels at least and I've started to make slow progress.

      And the review of my progress has been even more useful as it's actually highlighted just how much I have achieved each year. Currently I think I'm a little disappointed because I reduced my goals this last season and have achieved only a few but I'm hoping the unexpected additions will surprise me.

      I'm hoping next season will be better as I'll have a dedicated space but despite the investment in it I'm 'contractually' obliged to deliver less hobby time and more family time, which makes a mockery of the money and effort spent but the $hit needs to go somewhere so we'll just have to see how it pans out.

      Delete